New York Demonstations
David Ladewig
2004-08-30 02:11:14 UTC
Did anyone see the New York Demonstrations? Looked like a lot of people to
me. I did note the arrest of one guy who was being interviewed by Ron
Reagan. That REALLY made the cops look like jack boots. Some of the floats
were quite artistic and original.

David
Claudia
2004-08-30 03:45:28 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
Did anyone see the New York Demonstrations? Looked like a lot of people to
me. I did note the arrest of one guy who was being interviewed by Ron
Reagan. That REALLY made the cops look like jack boots. Some of the floats
were quite artistic and original.
David
Hi ya, David!

See it? How could I miss it! I don't think I've seen a group that large
congregated in one area for a very long time - if ever. Amazing how well
behaved, too... was it the New York Post who had a headline this morning that
read "Play Nice!"? Looks like they did. Kind of restores your faith.

Fascinating to see the diversity of the particiants.... every age, ethnic and
economic group imaginable. I didn't see that particular arrest... the guy was
being *interviewed*?!?!?? Yikes! Not a good move by the NYPD unless this man
had just done something evil prior to getting behind the mike.

By the way, I agree with the general consensus of so many people when it comes
to the motive behind having the GOP convention in New York. I don't think
anyone was fooled for a New York minute! <hg>

Best from Claudia

Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
David Ladewig
2004-08-30 04:15:23 UTC
I heard on the news they had about 100,000 marchers. Who knows if that is
accurate or not. There is no science to crowd guesses, but it looked larger
than that to me.

The crowd was diverse. I think I recognized a bunch of them from the 60's.
LOL Did you see them interview that woman who wasn't sure how she got
there, but had to be at the march? She was funny and is probably still
looking for the way back to her hotel.

I don't know about restoring faith in anything. The NYPD is looking to nab
anyone who looks at them, and most aren't interested in the NY court system
and a clubbing from the cops.

If the crowds get rowdy, Bush wins. If they don't do anything, Kerry gains.
In 68, the Chicago riots were all about the democrats both inside and
outside. Not so this time.

The city is saying the revenues will be up, but it looks like a ghost town
on the money side. Protesters don't spend much money and they out number
the conventioneers by 5 to 1.

David
Claudia
2004-08-30 06:01:02 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
[...]
Hi David,

Looks like you may be right, as the CBC reported late tonight that it was
conservatively estimated at 210,000+.

Rats - I missed the interview with that rather lost sounding soul! Hope she
found her hotel! NYC is in the top ten of U.S. cities which are the easiest in
which to get lost (I don't understand that at all, by the way.... I find it one
of the easiest cities in which to get around). If she is wandering around
looking like a misplaced tourist, though... she is doomed!

I do agree with you about how the crowd behavior will indicate whether this
protest will help Bush or Kerry. So far, it certainly appears as though it has
not done "W" any good whatsoever! It is getting heavy duty international
coverage which is exactly what I was hoping for - I want the rest of the world
to get it straight that not all Americans are responsible for the actions of
their government, nor do they necessarily approve of said actions. I've had it
up to the old wahzoo with people not understanding that the average American is
just as much a victim.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have faith in the people. Today
was a good day for me.

otter
2004-08-30 07:00:06 UTC
Post by Claudia
in
which to get lost (I don't understand that at all, by the way.... I find it one
of the easiest cities in which to get around).
Me too! Everything is laid out in nice square blocks. Try Seattle on for
size. All those lakes keep getting in the way and you might be on 32nd
north and run into a lakefront and the stupid street doesn't start up again
for miles!

Gloria
Claudia
2004-08-30 18:35:16 UTC
Post by Claudia
in
which to get lost (I don't understand that at all, by the way.... I find it one
of the easiest cities in which to get around).
Me too! Everything is laid out in nice square blocks. Try Seattle on for
size. All those lakes keep getting in the way and you might be on 32nd
north and run into a lakefront and the stupid street doesn't start up again
for miles!
Gloria
I think Seattle made the top of the list, actually...... wish I could find that
list; it only came out last week.

Diamondsnstones
2004-09-05 10:51:30 UTC
Claudia, streetz aren't stupid, only people.
David Ladewig
2004-09-02 23:38:29 UTC
The arrests got a little worse as the week has progressed, but it all ends
tonight. I don't have any complaints with the convention. It all went just
like they planned it. The democrat convention was the same.

I did have to laugh when Zell Miller told the MSNBC loud mouth to shut up
and then challenged him to dual if it was a hundred years ago. Chris
Matthews is a rude pig and anything he gets, he deserves. LOL

David
Claudia
2004-09-03 03:08:27 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
The arrests got a little worse as the week has progressed, but it all ends
tonight. I don't have any complaints with the convention. It all went just
like they planned it. The democrat convention was the same.
I did have to laugh when Zell Miller told the MSNBC loud mouth to shut up
and then challenged him to dual if it was a hundred years ago. Chris
Matthews is a rude pig and anything he gets, he deserves. LOL
David
I didn't watch any of it but I do agree that Chris Matthews is far too shrill
for his own good! A duel? Cool.....

Best from Claudia (o;
Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
EmmaLdy
2004-08-30 13:46:15 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
Did anyone see the New York Demonstrations? Looked like a lot of people to
me. I did note the arrest of one guy who was being interviewed by Ron
Reagan. That REALLY made the cops look like jack boots. Some of the floats
were quite artistic and original.
David
The crowd was diverse. I think I recognized a bunch of them from the 60's.
LOL Did you see them interview that woman who wasn't sure how she got
there, but had to be at the march? She was funny and is probably still
looking for the way back to her hotel.>

LOLL !!

Newsflash: politial conventions have always been political.

And many of those protesters today are people who won't or can't work. The
rest of us won't be in the streets, we'll be going to work to earn our income.

I hope the rest of the world is watching:
"This is how Democracy works!"

emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
CatTess
2004-08-30 18:38:17 UTC
And many of those protesters today are people who won't or can't work. <
Emma, I don't usually have a problem with the things you say because you take
the facts as you see them and interpret them to your way of thinking, which is
exactly what everybody else does, too. But the statement you made in this post
is ludicrous.

Are you trying to say that a large percentage of the between 200,000 and
500,000 people who protested in the streets of New York yesterday are either
bums, disabled or welfare recipients? Or did you mean some other kind of
people who 'can't' or 'won't' work?

And what indicators did you use to determine that?

Did you look at their clothes? Were they old and tattered?

Their faces? Did they all have a lean, dirty, 'gee, tomorrow I have to get up
and switch to my "Will Work For Food" sign' look about them?

Did you see welfare check stubs stuck to their placards?

Maybe it escaped your notice that this protest march was carried out on a
Sunday, a day when a lot of people might have the day off. But even if it had
been on a Monday, or a Thursday, I'll bet some hundreds of thousands of people
would have shown up anyway, just to let the Republicans know that this is still
a free country, and people can still gather together (whether they work or
don't!) and let their voices be heard.
I hope the rest of the world is watching:>
I sure hope so, too!

Peace - and I mean that in all sincerity!
Tess
Christine Moon
2004-08-30 19:04:08 UTC
The march was a major news story here, second only to the end of the
Olympics.
--
Peace,
Christine
Tess
Claudia
2004-08-31 00:20:49 UTC
Post by Christine Moon
The march was a major news story here, second only to the end of the
Olympics.
--
Peace,
Christine
I am very pleased to hear that, Christine.... hope that the very organized and
massive protest was given major coverage around the globe.... it clearly showed
that *many* Americans, from all walks of life, are most disenchanted - not to
mention downright furious - with the Bush administration.

It also proved that freedom of speech is still alive and well in the United
States, although it has suffered a great deal in recent months.

David Ladewig
2004-08-31 01:51:16 UTC
I heard a news caster say there were over 900 groups of one kind or another
at the march. Many of the groups were hard to identify because of the
crowd. When the libs march, it is always colorful and even creative to some
extent. One group made a dragon with some kind of sign on it as a protest.
It later caught on fire and stopped the parade for a few minutes.

David
Claudia
2004-08-31 03:55:45 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
I heard a news caster say there were over 900 groups of one kind or another
at the march. Many of the groups were hard to identify because of the
crowd. When the libs march, it is always colorful and even creative to some
extent. One group made a dragon with some kind of sign on it as a protest.
It later caught on fire and stopped the parade for a few minutes.
David
900 different groups.... now *that's* impressive!!

Yes, I did catch the flaming dragon; I heard that someone had set the poor
thing on fire deliberately for fun <gee... watch the paper burn... d'oh!> and
was arrested. Is it illegal to burn dragons without a permit? <hg>

Best from Claudia (o;
Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
CapntedyTed
2004-08-30 21:20:40 UTC
Post by CatTess
Emma, I don't usually have a problem with the things you say because you take
the facts as you see them and interpret them to your way of thinking, which is
exactly what everybody else does, too. But the statement you made in this post
is ludicrous.
Are you trying to say that a large percentage of the between 200,000 and
500,000 people who protested in the streets of New York yesterday are either
bums, disabled or welfare recipients? Or did you mean some other kind of
people who 'can't' or 'won't' work?
And what indicators did you use to determine that?
Did you look at their clothes? Were they old and tattered?
Their faces? Did they all have a lean, dirty, 'gee, tomorrow I have to get up
and switch to my "Will Work For Food" sign' look about them?
Did you see welfare check stubs stuck to their placards?
Hello Tess,
I hardly ever replay to as well but, you'll be glad I did maybe. Emma used
that same method to determine her findings as I am to determine my findings.
She simply jumped to conclusions. Much like I am when I say she doesn't even go
to a job everyday. If you look all the trimmings are there. One, she is happy
with her place and income and what is going on in her world. Two, you never get
a posting from her about something that happened to her at work. Three, she has
plenty of time to watch the smoke from the fires, Snow on the hillside and
every leave fall from the trees. Then she reads and post every article that
fits her day to day imaginary perfect world. There couldn't possibly be someone
in her imaginary profession that would leave home to enter the real world full
of a bunch of real people who have been really ripped off. Four, I can easily
jump to the conclusion that when she say's they wont work she means that they
won't give up their unemployment and food stamps to go to work at Mc'Donalds
when they have 4 kids to feed and a wife who can't work. Lets put it this way
the man I just described can't afford to go protest. So some Doctor who can't
afford insurance to stay in practice because of the law suites and young greedy
lawyers protecting peoples rights by putting millions in his pockets and the
people on capitol hill had to go in his place. I hope that doctor gets his
message across before Emma ends up being turned away when she needs help the
most.
I also run with
sentences and many other activities I do to stay in shape. You've heard the
drill.
:o) going to cut my
hair!
Ted
RichardH
Tess
Claudia
2004-08-31 03:46:30 UTC
Post by RichardH
It's all part of the right wing neo-conservative school of propaganda Tess.
Just check their websites. They're still fighting the cold war!
~Richard
Hmmmmm..... if this is their approach, they can't be a very bright bunch,
Richard!

Absolutely idiotic.

Best from Claudia (o;
Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
RichardH
2004-09-01 03:21:41 UTC
Afraid so Claudia. The only thing David has right is that the Truth is out
there and lies somewhere in the middle of all the muck and haze. Afterall,
politics is about "winning" and the Truth be damned. It is up to our
informed citizenry to do our homework and dig for the Truth. A difficult
task considering the muddle, distorted and fabricated deceit masquerading as
fact. Hopefully, cooler, intelligent heads will prevail. We'll see come
November which path we follow.... A stronger America or a misbegotten
highway.
~Richard
David Ladewig
2004-09-01 03:24:41 UTC
Richard,

I didn't say this but it begs the question. Both candidates said they would
have approved the war based on what they knew at the time. Who is telling
the whole truth?

David
~Richard
RichardH
2004-09-01 04:55:24 UTC
Neither... based upon your simplified statement. And this is the problem,
David. Without having all the details and how each would implement their
plan, leaves the citizen less informed and possibly coming to a false
conclusion. Much like merely saying "Kerry supports a 50 cent gas tax". This
is false and misleading, when examined in more detail, we get closer to the
Truth. As for the war, both candidates have different approaches to solving
the issue. George Bush's "with us or against us" unilateral approach. And
John Kerry's multinational force and diplomacy approach. With Bush
continuing to come up with "snake eyes", Kerry's approach might have been
more prudent. Yes Monday Morning quarterbacking is easy, but we citizens
need to unearth all the information we can, to form a valid opinion. Merely
following clever soundbites, will not do it.
One more thing, both candidates of course support the war. Particularly in
Kerry's case, as it panders to the majority of people in this country and is
a popular road to the White House. Other wise he would have gone the way of
Howard Dean.
~Richard
David
David Ladewig
2004-09-01 05:33:28 UTC
Post by RichardH
Neither... based upon your simplified statement. And this is the problem,
David. Without having all the details and how each would implement their
plan, leaves the citizen less informed and possibly coming to a false
conclusion.
I disagree. The answer is both are telling the whole truth based on what
was known then. They both would have started the fight because both had
their backs against the wall. Iraq is only a part of the war. Afganistan,
Sudan, Lybia, Syria, Iran, Chechistan, Pakistan, India, Malaysia,
Phillipines, Columbia, Paraquay and on and on. All these places are hosts
to the enemies of democratic government. We, the Americans, are outnumbered
by a mile. So what do we do? We pay the price to have the meanest army,
strongest economy, and super will power to crush any enemy who wants to take
us on. That's all you can do.

The citizens aren't being bamboozled by anyone in government relating to
war. We do get lied to regularly about non-war issues like education,
health, environment, judiciary, and security. That's been going on for too
long.
Post by RichardH
Much like merely saying "Kerry supports a 50 cent gas tax". This
is false and misleading, when examined in more detail, we get closer to the
Truth.
I agree. The tax hike he was supporting for gasoline mirrored the UK and
would have actually been about $1.30 after indexing for inflation.
Post by RichardH
As for the war, both candidates have different approaches to solving
the issue. George Bush's "with us or against us" unilateral approach. And
John Kerry's multinational force and diplomacy approach. With Bush
continuing to come up with "snake eyes", Kerry's approach might have been
more prudent.
I have never thought it prudent to ask another country's permission to send
soldiers to the grave.
Post by RichardH
One more thing, both candidates of course support the war. Particularly in
Kerry's case, as it panders to the majority of people in this country and is
a popular road to the White House. Other wise he would have gone the way of
Howard Dean.
~Richard
If you go to war, the people will support you if you sold it upfront. If
the country is attacked, the country is going to war and no explanation will
be necessary.

David
Claudia
2004-09-01 20:20:20 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
Post by RichardH
As for the war, both candidates have different approaches to solving
the issue. George Bush's "with us or against us" unilateral approach. And
John Kerry's multinational force and diplomacy approach. With Bush
continuing to come up with "snake eyes", Kerry's approach might have been
more prudent.
I have never thought it prudent to ask another country's permission to send
soldiers to the grave.
David, I would agree with you, except that this involved the invasion of
another country.... in which case, it becomes
vital and necessary that the rest of the world monitors what is happening. No
one country should be allowed to operate as a rogue state.

The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-02 00:20:15 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
The answer is both are telling the whole truth based on what
was known then.
Except the Shrub has wanted to invade Iraq since day one of his presidency.
Kerry hasn't been, that I can see. If someone has links to early speeches that
shows he has, I'd love to see them.

peace,

jesse

"Where did you learn to kiss like that?" I said, a little breathless. He
grinned and pulled me close again.
"I said I was a virgin, not a monk," he said, kissing me again.

"Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon
Claudia
2004-09-02 06:33:13 UTC
Post by The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
Except the Shrub has wanted to invade Iraq since day one of his presidency.
Kerry hasn't been, that I can see. If someone has links to early speeches that
shows he has, I'd love to see them.
Jess, The Shrub wanted to invade Iraq *before* his presidency. This was not a
new idea....

Best from Claudia (o;

Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-03 00:42:55 UTC
Post by Claudia
Jess, The Shrub wanted to invade Iraq *before* his presidency. This was not a
new idea....
LOL, which was my point. I just got the timing wrong. ;-)

Claudia
2004-09-03 02:45:59 UTC
Post by Claudia
Jess, The Shrub wanted to invade Iraq *before* his presidency. This was not a
new idea....
LOL, which was my point. I just got the timing wrong. ;-)
Kind of figured that...... <hugest grin>

Claudia (o;
Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
EmmaLdy
2004-09-03 04:47:42 UTC
Post by The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
Except the Shrub has wanted to invade Iraq since day one of his presidency.
Kerry hasn't been, that I can see. If someone has links to early speeches that
shows he has, I'd love to see them.
Sen Kerry hasn't been, no, and neither was Pres. Clinton, which is exactly why
Pres Bush was presented with the situation he inherited, and simply resolved.

emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
Can Altinbay
Must you?
Claudia
2004-09-01 20:15:50 UTC
Post by RichardH
Afraid so Claudia. The only thing David has right is that the Truth is out
there and lies somewhere in the middle of all the muck and haze. Afterall,
politics is about "winning" and the Truth be damned. It is up to our
informed citizenry to do our homework and dig for the Truth. A difficult
task considering the muddle, distorted and fabricated deceit masquerading as
fact. Hopefully, cooler, intelligent heads will prevail. We'll see come
November which path we follow.... A stronger America or a misbegotten
highway.
~Richard
Well, as usual, I refuse to give up my faith in the people. It is usually
difficult to knock an incumbent president out of office, though... of course,
these are exceptional times...

Best from Claudia
David Ladewig
2004-08-31 04:33:18 UTC
This is exactly the lame rhetoric that will get the democrats defeated again
this year. Most Americans aren't interested the this type of shrill
nonsense complete with all the buzz words used to ignite the fires of hate.
The left wing also miscalculates again when they label Bush as "slow,
stupid, etc." This is a Yale graduate who made quite a place for himself
over the years. This is the same tactic the left ALWAYS uses when the idea
bank is over drawn. They called Reagan stupid. They called Schwartzenager
unfit. The list goes on, but the grade school name calling about intellect
is always front page on the democrats talking point list. If you want to
win, you better have something of substance to put forth other than the worn
out "government can fix everything" line. We know that is never going to
work.

Kerry would surely fail in the terrorist fight. He has no plan. He has no
clue about the ruthlessness of islam and the Mullahs who perpetuate the envy
of hate. Bush has done something other than blather on about it. You have
to give him that. The only way to end the threat of terrorism to US
citizens is to seal the borders with shoot to kill orders and then
exterminate islam or terrorize them so badly they duck every time they take
their turbans off.

David
~Richard
Claudia
2004-08-31 06:05:21 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
This is exactly the lame rhetoric that will get the democrats defeated again
this year.
David, almost your entire post could easily be labelled "rhetoric."
Post by David Ladewig
Most Americans aren't interested the this type of shrill
nonsense complete with all the buzz words used to ignite the fires of hate.
I do agree that the far side of either (and both) parties is nonsense.
Post by David Ladewig
The left wing also miscalculates again when they label Bush as "slow,
stupid, etc." This is a Yale graduate who made quite a place for himself
over the years.
He is not a bright man by any means, and that is what scares me. He was not a
shining star in Yale; he never has accomplished a darn thing on his own. His
academic standard was not close to what is normally required for admittance to
Yale, his dedication to academics was nill. His father, fortunately for his
son, is another case entirely. There are many Yale grads who were around when
Jr. was flubbing his way through.... go talk to a few. I'm not saying that the
man is actually stupid; I *would* say that he is as average as they come.
Post by David Ladewig
This is the same tactic the left ALWAYS uses when the idea
bank is over drawn.
And the right is equally predictable.. and are projecting themselves in just
the same manner.
Post by David Ladewig
They called Reagan stupid.
I've never heard that.... but compared to Bush Jr., the man was an intellectual
icon.

They called Schwartzenager
Post by David Ladewig
unfit.
It is my personal opinion that he is most unfit from virtually every angle.
Post by David Ladewig
The list goes on, but the grade school name calling about intellect
is always front page on the democrats talking point list.
There could be a very valid reason for that. I believe that intellect is
absolutely necessary in dealing with both international and domestic problems.

If you want to
Post by David Ladewig
win, you better have something of substance to put forth other than the worn
out "government can fix everything" line. We know that is never going to
work.
I don't see how that is relevant the other points you are attempting to make?
Especially as the present government has displayed this attitude to the point
where it is frightening.
Post by David Ladewig
Kerry would surely fail in the terrorist fight. He has no plan.
How do you know that? And, for one thing, it would certainly appear that the
United States would not be in this big a mess (and Iraq is a massive mess) if
almost anyone but Bush & Cronies had not been at the helm. Oil, David.....

He has no
Post by David Ladewig
clue about the ruthlessness of islam and the Mullahs who perpetuate the envy
of hate.
You have no clue as to what this man knows and feels. When was the last time
that he confided in you? And, whether Jr. likes it or not, tries to dishonor
it or not, Kerry has seen the hate of war first hand, in the jungle. He has
faced his enemy eye to eye.
Post by David Ladewig
Bush has done something other than blather on about it. You have
to give him that.
Ohhhhh yes, he certainly has. That is why the world is less safe now than it
was immediately following 9/11.
Post by David Ladewig
The only way to end the threat of terrorism to US
citizens is to seal the borders with shoot to kill orders and then
exterminate islam or terrorize them so badly they duck every time they take
their turbans off.
David
And that, David, is poisonous rhetoric if I've ever heard it. Since I have
several friends whose religion is Islam, I find that most offensive. It is
very, very obvious that you know nothing about their actual faith. People who
have travelled as much as you usually do not have such a shallow, nearsighted
view of the world and its inhabitants. You need to get out more...

Can Altinbay
2004-08-31 06:42:22 UTC
Claudia, you forgot the David warning.
Claudia
2004-09-01 00:52:43 UTC
Post by Can Altinbay
Post by Claudia
David, almost your entire post could easily be labelled "rhetoric."
Claudia, you forgot the David warning.
Oh! I didn't think you were serious.... oops.

Bu883
2004-08-31 11:09:44 UTC
That's okay; We've seen what democrats do in the face of terror...
NOTHING.

Remember the first WTC attack....
Remember the USS Cole...
Remember the US embassy bombings...
Remember the hostages in Iran...

Dems will say that "America deserved these attacks" and that if we
would just leave these poor, unfortunate, misunderstood terrorists
(known as freedom fighters to Dems) alone, they'll leave *us* alone.
No doubt the contemporary Dems would have advised nations in the
mid-to-late 30's not to try to nip Hitler in the bud, either. They
would have been screaming from the rooftops and holding peace
demonstrations on June 7th, 1944... "OMG... thousands and thousands of
Allied troops killed on the shores of Normandy... What a quagmire
we're in! Roosevelt is dragging us further into the war and... and...
we have no business being over there!"

Dems talk a great game, but when it comes time for ACTION, they're
clueless and dumbfounded. Then a Republican is at the helm and takes
decisive action... and then has to listen to Dems complain that he's
not executing the war correctly and he's not being "sensitive" enough
to the Islamo-fascists. Awww... boo hoo.

GB isn't perfect, but he's infinitely better for America than JK.
The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-02 00:41:13 UTC
Post by Bu883
Dems will say that "America deserved these attacks"
Uh...wrong. No one deserves that crap and that's a blatant mistruth. However,
using 9/11 to justify a war against Iraq is just as wrong.
Post by Bu883
nd that if we
would just leave these poor, unfortunate, misunderstood terrorists
(known as freedom fighters to Dems) alone, they'll leave *us* alone.
Another mistruth...NO ONE made that statement after 9/11. In fact, both parties
were unified for the first time in a long time. And stayed that way for a long
time. It was Iraq that split us again, thank you. And I'm sorry, but my opinion
is that Iraq was a mistake. The Shrub was talking war with Iraq since his first
day in the White House and his "Axis of Evil" speeches along the way. Tell me
that wasn't a vendetta for Papa's sake...and I doubt anyone would believe it.
Post by Bu883
Dems talk a great game, but when it comes time for ACTION, they're
clueless and dumbfounded.
No, just want stupid little things like justification and concrete proof before
going off half-cocked. Something Georgie didn't really have now, did he?

Claudia
2004-09-02 06:36:43 UTC
Post by Bu883
nd that if we
would just leave these poor, unfortunate, misunderstood terrorists
(known as freedom fighters to Dems) alone, they'll leave *us* alone.
Another mistruth...NO ONE made that statement after 9/11. In fact, both parties
were unified for the first time in a long time.
Good answers, Jesse, but who in hell wrote such crap?! Talk about a social
misfit..... not to mention a complete idiot.

I really dislike ignorance....

Best from Claudia (o;
Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-03 00:44:54 UTC
Post by Claudia
I really dislike ignorance....
Ignorance, I don't mind. We're all ignorant about something. We learn and
become less ignorant.

It's WILLFUL ignorance that pisses me off. Someone who knows better and stays
ignorant.

Claudia
2004-09-03 02:48:15 UTC
Post by The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
Ignorance, I don't mind. We're all ignorant about something. We learn and
become less ignorant.
It's WILLFUL ignorance that pisses me off. Someone who knows better and stays
ignorant.
peace,
jesse
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. It has nothing to do with formal education,
or honest lack of knowledge whatsoever.

Diamondsnstones
2004-09-05 22:15:21 UTC
Perhaps it would be safe to say that what is impossible to take. are those who
scramble about for the so called truths that prove their points. This is more
than just willful ignorance or even one who knows better and stays ignorant it
is a mode of occupational stupidity from which the said individual has no
desire to concern themselves with abstract reasoning or reasoning of any sort..
In an earlier post the poster seemed to belive that he/she had the right to be
inflamed by assine logic. The Islamic individual certainly has a right to be
to be upset, the non Islamic does not.
An individual also has the right to be infuriatingly stupid but not the right
to call his lack of intelligence a brilliant observation.
ignorant.
cheri22057e
2004-09-06 12:25:57 UTC
Subject: Re: New York Demonstations
Sue, I will reply to your non-sense post only this once....I know you have been
ill and even "Big Ol' Meanie" Cheri here doesn't want to make your condition
any worse.
Perhaps it would be safe to say that what is impossible to take. are those who
scramble about for the so called truths that prove their points.
Hmm...."scramble about"....that's a rather peculiar way of referencing
"researching".... most people that have strong solid opinions on any one
subject certainly do research, ...uh.. er "scrambling"....people who don't
usually are full of hot air with very little to back up thier statements.
than just willful ignorance or even one who knows better and stays ignorant it
"Willfull ignorance" is a term that has been bandied about on here by a select
few to undermine what I say...ONLY because it refutes what they claim to be
"truth"...again, there's this Orwellian Group Think that permeates this
NG.....you are either Far Left Radical in your judgements....or you are
demonized. Sorry Sue.....try it on someone else. Ain't working.
is a mode of occupational stupidity from which the said individual has no
desire to concern themselves with abstract reasoning or reasoning of any sort..
"Abstract reasoning"??? Is that anything akin to "abstract art"....where the
viewer of the artwork sees what they see.....even if it is not what the artist
is portraying? Works well in the art world......*extremely dangerous* way of
thinking in the political arena however....that's just what we need in the
White House these days to fight terror....a President with an "abstract view"
of the enemy. Please Sue, ok?
In an earlier post the poster seemed to belive that he/she had the right to be
inflamed by assine logic.
"Assinine logic"? OOOOPS!! There ya go again Susie Q...."think as I do...or
pay the price." And they call Republicans Nazis.....LOL!
The Islamic individual certainly has a right to be
to be upset, the non Islamic does not.
WHAT???!!???

Sue are you wearing a burqa these days??
Or just off your meds?? This statement is just freakin SCARY.
An individual also has the right to be infuriatingly stupid but not the right
to call his lack of intelligence a brilliant observation.
Again Miss Sue....thank you for allowing me to be stupid, but I refute that I
need your permission to say or do or feel *anything.*

Now rest up....get better....and again, I will not reply to anymore of your
posts because
a) I know you are ill
b) You are not making much sense

Feel better!

Cheri:)
Diamondsnstones
2004-09-06 20:19:31 UTC
Confusion reigns supreme here. Cheri where did you get the idea that I was at
all talking about you?
Can Altinbay
2004-09-08 03:35:42 UTC
Post by Diamondsnstones
Confusion reigns supreme here. Cheri where did you get the idea that I was at
all talking about you?
What does it matter? She'll go after you anyway. We now have double the
displeasure with DoubleMint fascists, Emma and Cheri.
Diamondsnstones
2004-09-06 21:09:00 UTC
OOPs it did send without my pernission here. I ddo want to thank you for
realizing that I have been very ill and still am. Gotta tellyou that over 21
days in two hospitals is absolutely the pits. Unless you can make heart aortic
valves leak and have the abilitiy to form Pulminary Embolisms in the upper
lobes' I could never hold you responsible for my ills and never would. Now if
you could fix this mess I would be eternally gratefully.
Post by cheri22057e
Post by Diamondsnstones
who
scramble about for the so called truths that prove their points.
Hmm...."scramble about"....that's a rather peculiar way of referencing
"researching".... most people that have strong solid opinions on any one
subject certainly do research, ...uh.. er "scrambling"....people who don't
usually are full of hot air with very little to back up thier statements.
Actually I was agreeing with you. A *strong* solid opinion without merit, no
research and cannot back up their statements *are full of hot air. I didn't
even know you were posting. And an opinion that is on any side is worthy of
consideration when thoughly thought out and researched. Actually as I answer
this, I see that you are giving my views on this demonstration better than I am
able at this time. or probably any side these day.
Post by Diamondsnstones
The Islamic individual certainly has a right to be
to be upset, the non Islamic does not.
WHAT???!!???
Sue are you wearing a burqa these days??
This statement whether it is clear or not wa in answer to someone who seemed to
feel that she had the right to be (and again I cannot find the right word. it
lies just outsside my cognitive thoughts) I used inflammed for lack of a
another ability,but I think I meant -*offended*. Let's use it for lack of a
better mind,working in an ordered way. What I was trying to say was one cannot
be offended by attacks (verbal, in this case and that is certainly laughable)
on an Islamic when one is not Islamic nor does that person abide by Islamic
ideas or religious views. I suppose one can support another's views if they
have friends of this persuasion.But In the event that we are at war with people
of that group and we are, then we owe our boys and girls who are fighting for
us must be supported no matter what upsets us. That was wordy but I was trying
to clarify what I had said. No- I don't even have a Burka. And again I have
the idea that this is not far from your well held views. Please parden the
scrambling for words and you do not need my permission for anything at all. But
allow me the right to distain the stupid(by my standards) of some and to deny
them the right to call this lack of inteligence a brilliant observation.
Thank you again for your nice words for my recovery, even if you do not mean
it .and I am glad to aee you posting again.
You are one of onely a few who have bothered. I am trying to make it through
this mess though I bleed constantly and no one knows why and between the clots
and the anenia, I am wacky,

Cheri:)
cheri22057e
2004-09-06 22:50:21 UTC
Date: 9/6/2004 5:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time
OOPs it did send without my pernission here. I ddo want to thank you for
realizing that I have been very ill and still am. Gotta tellyou that over 21
days in two hospitals is absolutely the pits. Unless you can make heart aortic
valves leak and have the abilitiy to form Pulminary Embolisms in the upper
lobes' I could never hold you responsible for my ills and never would. Now if
you could fix this mess I would be eternally gratefull.
Jeez Sue I had no idea you were *THA* sick!
I'm sorry.....
Thank you again for your nice words for my recovery, even if you do not mean
it .
Sue, look...I may be a beey-otch on here with my political viewpoints but I'm
not so evil as to wish anyone sickness or God forbid worse. And I *do* mean
it...get well.

I'll just yell at Claudia....she's healthy! LOL!

Rest up....
Cheri:)
Can Altinbay
2004-09-08 03:36:41 UTC
Post by cheri22057e
Sue, look...I may be a beey-otch on here with my political viewpoints but I'm
not so evil as to wish anyone sickness or God forbid worse. And I *do* mean
it...get well.
You gloat about a possible Bush victory. That is wishing everybody worse
than sickness.
Can Altinbay
2004-09-08 03:34:46 UTC
"cheri22057e" <***@aol.com> wrote in message news:***@mb-m18.aol.com...
...ranting deleted...

Who are you, and why are you polluting this group with right wing propaganda
and your disgusting superiority dance?
The Goddess in Tennis Shoes

Diamondsnstones
Or unbiased fact?
Bu883
2004-09-07 15:04:05 UTC
That as well.
Post by Diamondsnstones
to call his lack of intelligence a brilliant observation.
Or unbiased fact?
A *fact* is the statement of something provably true, and therefore
cannot be labeled biased or unbiased.
Diamondsnstones
2004-09-07 20:04:27 UTC
Sure it can. Stick around. You might be surprised at what we can and cannot do
around here.
Bu883
2004-09-02 11:07:10 UTC
Hey Jesse, guess who voted FOR the war in Iraq? John Kerry did. And as
you know, John Kerry being on the Senate Intelligence Committee, he
was privy to all the intelligence info that President Bush and the
administration was... and voted FOR the war. (As you know, John Kerry
didn't attend too many national security meetings, though. Guess it
wasn't important enough for him) Let's see... Ted Kennedy voted for
the war... Tom Daschle did, too... Hmmm... Seems they felt that
war was "justified"... and that we had compelling evidence to execute
it. And what of all those UN resolutions that Saddam thumbed his nose
at? Something like 17 of them? Even France, Germany and Russia
recognized that Saddam was a menace that needed to be dealt with.
Their intelligence, too, indicated that Saddam had WMD. But idiots
like you make it out to be that George Bush alone contrived the whole
thing and duped the whole world. Umm... yeeeeaahhh. I wonder why
CLINTON said that Saddam had WMD and was a danger, too... Hmmm. Like
true liberals, you want to forget that, though.

I guess YOU didn't see Saddam as much of a menace and a threat as
other people (including world leaders) did. I also remember when you
and your ilk proclaimed that this was all about "oil"... Can you
direct me to any news story that reports on all the oil we took from
Iraq and brought over here? Or was that just another wild concoction
dreamt up by liberals because they hate Bush? So where's YOUR
credibility, Jesse? I guess it's wherever the WMD is...
The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-03 00:46:55 UTC
Post by Bu883
Hey Jesse, guess who voted FOR the war in Iraq?
As I recall, the vote wasn't for going to war in Iraq. The vote was to give the
Shrub the unilateral decision to use his power as he saw fit instead of waiting
for them to vote on it. He played the 9/11 trump card for all it was worth and
the emotional warfare that went with it.

He then used his newfound, newly gained demigod status to wage the war. BIG
diff, babe.

David Ladewig
2004-09-03 01:24:59 UTC
I think you are dealing in semantics. If you voted to let the Prez decide,
you voted for the war. Did Kerry think it wouldn't happen? If he did, he
is dumber than shoes.

David
Claudia
2004-09-03 03:06:18 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
I think you are dealing in semantics. If you voted to let the Prez decide,
you voted for the war. Did Kerry think it wouldn't happen? If he did, he
is dumber than shoes.
David
Yes, I pretty well see it that way, too. I don't think he realized where this
vote would lead (which is not too bright)... or did he?

If he was planning a run for the presidency, a war like this could work to his
advantage in November of 2004, if you get my drift.

Like I said.... I'm not a big Kerry fan. I respect his own personal war record
(and those who try to diminish this make his sacrifices even more blatant) as
he has seen what war is all about up front and very much in person.
Consequently, I respect him far more than Bush Jr., and his activities during
the same time frame.... and I think Kerry might get things back to a more
stable environment.

But that is about it...

The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-04 22:02:03 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
If you voted to let the Prez decide,
you voted for the war.
No, I gave him the power to do it and trusted his intelligence to use the power
wisely. I'll hand you a knife every time...and turn my back. Why? Because I
trust you not to use it. Just because I gave it to you doesn't mean I expect
you to.
Post by David Ladewig
Did Kerry think it wouldn't happen?
Like I said...he and the rest trusted the Shrub to use the Force for good, not
take it to the level of war. Me? I was against it because I "knew" that the
word "restraint" wasn't in the Shrub's vocabulary.
Post by David Ladewig
If he did, he
is dumber than shoes.
LOL, sounds like most of Congress at this point. But then, again.....

EmmaLdy
2004-09-04 22:13:29 UTC
Post by The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
Like I said...he and the rest trusted the Shrub to use the Force for good, not
take it to the level of war.
Jesse! I'm sorry but Sen Kerry voted *for* the war.
You can't vote for Sen Kerry if you are against the war.

emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
Can Altinbay
Horseshit.
Claudia
2004-09-03 02:55:53 UTC
Post by The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
As I recall, the vote wasn't for going to war in Iraq. The vote was to give the
Shrub the unilateral decision to use his power as he saw fit instead of waiting
for them to vote on it. He played the 9/11 trump card for all it was worth and
the emotional warfare that went with it.
He then used his newfound, newly gained demigod status to wage the war. BIG
diff, babe.
peace,
jesse
Yep. I don't think Kerry would have made such a godawful mess of things (and
alienated the United States from the rest of the world which, to me, is the
most serious fallout from all of this).

However, I'm not a big Kerry fan, either.... right now, he is simply the lesser
of two evils when it comes to restoring global confidence and trust.

My perfect candidate would be 1/3 Democrat, 1/3 Republican and 1/3 Libertarian.

Best from Claudia (o;

Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
Can Altinbay
2004-09-03 03:03:01 UTC
Yuck.
Claudia
2004-09-03 05:47:04 UTC
Post by Claudia
Post by Claudia
My perfect candidate would be 1/3 Democrat, 1/3 Republican and 1/3
Libertarian.
Yuck.
ROFL!!!!

(Ya have to work with what ya have!)

Best from Claudia (o;
Re-landscape the White House.... get rid of the Bushes
The Goddess in Tennis Shoes
2004-09-04 22:03:36 UTC
Post by Claudia
However, I'm not a big Kerry fan, either.
He was number three on my list. I still think Howard Dean is the man. Right
behind Al!

EmmaLdy
2004-09-04 22:14:36 UTC
Post by Claudia
However, I'm not a big Kerry fan, either.
He was number three on my list. I still think Howard Dean is the man. Right
behind Al!
I think H. Dean is the best yeller in politics, next to Al Gore.

emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
David Ladewig
2004-08-31 15:06:46 UTC
"Claudia" <***@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message news:***@mb-m04.aol.com...
.
Post by Claudia
David, almost your entire post could easily be labelled "rhetoric."
Exactly, but there is a large difference. Instead of a steady attack, I give
you the comment, the attack, and the credit for one side of the debate.
Much better than silly little cold war comments.
Post by Claudia
There are many Yale grads who were around when
Jr. was flubbing his way through.... go talk to a few. I'm not saying that the
man is actually stupid; I *would* say that he is as average as they come.
I don't have an opinion about how smart or not he is.
Post by Claudia
I believe that intellect is
absolutely necessary in dealing with both international and domestic problems.
I think we sometimes intellecutalize ourselves into bad deals most of the
time. I think GW and JK have plenty of intellect.
Post by Claudia
How do you know that? And, for one thing, it would certainly appear that the
United States would not be in this big a mess (and Iraq is a massive mess) if
almost anyone but Bush & Cronies had not been at the helm. Oil, David.....
i think Kerry and Edwards thinks they can charm their way out of the middle
east. It works in the Senate, but we all know the arabs don't deal like the
Senate.
Post by Claudia
You have no clue as to what this man knows and feels.
I know how he has voted over the years. That is my basis. I keep up with
that stuff.
Post by Claudia
And that, David, is poisonous rhetoric if I've ever heard it. Since I have
several friends whose religion is Islam, I find that most offensive. It is
very, very obvious that you know nothing about their actual faith. People who
have travelled as much as you usually do not have such a shallow, nearsighted
view of the world and its inhabitants. You need to get out more...
The world of Islam has changed. The plots to kill are discussed and planned
in the mosques by clerics and their followers. We are going to have to wake
up to the fact that their are no innocent bystanders. Way too many people
know way too much and are letting it go by because of the religion. I'm
talking about the mosques here in the US. It is difficult to get inside
them, but when the cops have gotten in, arrests have followed.

As aside, the US has walked on eggshells regarding mosques and mullahs in
Iraq. My policy would be simple. You shoot at our soldiers from a mosque
and I'll level the mosque that day. No exceptions. I would have killed most
of the mullahs already. They are contemptible little dictators as bad as
Saddam.

We'll just have to disagree about Islam. I think it is a disgusting,
pathetic manipulation of people.

Best, David
Claudia
2004-09-01 01:03:30 UTC
*not for Can*
Post by David Ladewig
As aside, the US has walked on eggshells regarding mosques and mullahs in
Iraq. My policy would be simple. You shoot at our soldiers from a mosque
and I'll level the mosque that day. No exceptions. I would have killed most
of the mullahs already. They are contemptible little dictators as bad as
Saddam.
We'll just have to disagree about Islam. I think it is a disgusting,
pathetic manipulation of people.
Best, David
Oh, I absolutely, totally agree that Islam has been distorted to suit the
politics of man. And I underscore the word "man."

I've seen Christianity do exactly the same, grotesque things throughout
history.

(I firmly believe that Allah and Jesus must be heartbroken by now).

The religions themselves are man made, and twisted and warped to suit man's
agenda.

One of the followers of Islam that I know is a mullah in Toronto (from Iran
originally). Watching his faith being 'used' as a weapon for terror has caused
him so much angst that I just know he is going to end up in the hospital - it
is literally killing him.

The radical fringe of Islam has as much to do with the real faith as the
Inquisitors did to true Christianity.

Christine Moon
2004-08-31 18:53:38 UTC
And Muslims don't wear turbans - that's Sikhs.
--
Peace,
Christine
David Ladewig
2004-08-31 19:54:06 UTC
I think you get the point. Islam is a worldwide problem. Today's
activities by the Muslims are 15 dead in Israel from bombs, 6 dead in Moscow
from bombs, 26 dead in Iraq from bombs, and two Muslims arrested in NYC in
the past few day plotting to BOMB a subway. None of the murdered people
were government. All innocent civilians.

David
Post by Claudia
very, very obvious that you know nothing about their actual faith.
People
Post by Christine Moon
who
cheri22057e
2004-09-01 00:04:08 UTC
I think you get the point.
No, David.....they *DO NOT* get your point, that is the problem.

Today's
activities by the Muslims are 15 dead in Israel from bombs, 6 dead in Moscow
from bombs, 26 dead in Iraq from bombs, and two Muslims arrested in NYC in
the past few day plotting to BOMB a subway.

Ahhhh...but they will find a way to defend these Muslims....how dare you be
"politically incorrect"? How dare you make
remarks like that, David?
Yep....The United States could be burning into ash...and many amongst us,
gasping there last breath of radiated polluted oxygen....will raise thier fists
in anger at.........Bush.

LMAO!

Thank you David....for having the cahunas to say what you mean....'specially
here on Commie Row. ;)

Cheri;)
David Ladewig
2004-09-01 18:21:01 UTC
Post by cheri22057e
No, David.....they *DO NOT* get your point, that is the problem.
Hi Cheri,

How have you been. I think they get the point but it is difficult to have
much tolerance for radical religious groups when you live in NYC. BTW, can
you get out with all the conventioneers in town?
Post by cheri22057e
Ahhhh...but they will find a way to defend these Muslims....
Not much to defend the way I see it. Today's Muslim attack was using Social
Workers from Denmark as shields to draw fire from the US forces and kill the
workers while the Afgan Muslims ran. In Russia, Muslims grabbed a school
full of little kids today. These fine Muslims will kill 50 kids if one of
them is killed. They are the nicest people on earth, aren't they?

David
cheri22057e
2004-09-03 14:26:45 UTC
Date: 9/1/2004 2:21 PM Eastern
How have you been. I think they get the point but it is difficult to have
much tolerance for radical religious groups when you live in NYC. BTW, can
you get out with all the conventioneers in town?
Hi David!

Well, I'm north of the big city....I live in the surrounding counties, so
it's not affecting me at all. However, I'm close enough that if something
happens in NYC, I'm in trouble.
Not much to defend the way I see it. Today's Muslim attack was using Social
Workers from Denmark as shields to draw fire from the US forces and kill the
workers while the Afgan Muslims ran. In Russia, Muslims grabbed a school
full of little kids today.
Yep!

The actions of terrorists (oh excuse me, Claudia's hero Michael Moore calls
them "Freedom Fighters") relays just what cowards they are....using babies as
shields and burning them alive.

And just who is responsible for the horrors in the Sudan? The slaughtering of
Christians by the thousands....including again, the burning alive of entire
families chained together AND SET ABLAZE.

The core belief of Islam is ethnic cleansing....there is no "nice" way to put
it. Black races are considered inferior, and infedels are to be
exterminated.....cause golly gee...Mohammed said so.

I must add that Walid Shoebat, (not his real name) who is founder of the
growing group "Arabs for Israel"....is quite intent on educating Western
Society on just what exactly Islam is, and what it is not.

Of course, Danny Pipes, Walid S., Dr. Tarik Abdelhamid, Zak Anani, et al, are
inept ignoramuses who don't understand anything..especially the "religion" that
they
were brought up on.

I mean just ask Claudia...as always, she *knows* everything....including how
well-informed Michael Moore is, and how stupid we Americans are.

For this American, I'd rather get my info from above stated sources, and not
some slovenly obese marxist.

And how about that Zell Miller??? LOL!
that man said exactly what I've been saying for the past 18 months....the
Democratic Party has been hijacked by the Lunatic Far-left....three cheers for
Zell!

Hope you are well, David.

Cheri;)
otter
2004-09-03 18:16:01 UTC
Post by cheri22057e
Date: 9/1/2004 2:21 PM Eastern
[...]
Hey, Cheri! Long time no see. (Of course, I haven't been here to "see"
anyone. :O)

I certainly can understand your feelings. These are anxious times. It's
difficult to discuss these subjects without unintentionally "baiting" others
to wade into the fray. I know how well-read you are and how heartfelt these
subjects are to you. I too am worried about the outcome of this election.

In fact, I don't know when I've felt more insecure. I WILL continue to live
my life as I normally would and try to bury the fears that pop up from time
to time. I'm not advocating that we bury our heads in the sand but must we
be spoon-fed fear by our govenment officials? I grew up during WWII with
ration stamps and "black-outs" and the government "rallied" citizens to
their cause with heavy doses of fear. I didn't like it then and I don't
like it now.

I ramble. Sorry. Gloria
Claudia
2004-09-03 23:22:23 UTC
Post by cheri22057e
some slovenly obese marxist.
And how about that Zell Miller??? LOL!
that man said exactly what I've been saying for the past 18 months....the
Democratic Party has been hijacked by the Lunatic Far-left....three cheers
for
Post by cheri22057e
Zell!
******

Hi there, Gloria......
Post by otter
Hey, Cheri! Long time no see. (Of course, I haven't been here to "see"
anyone. :O)
I certainly can understand your feelings. These are anxious times. It's
difficult to discuss these subjects without unintentionally "baiting" others
to wade into the fray. I know how well-read you are and how heartfelt these
subjects are to you. I too am worried about the outcome of this election.
When Cheri made her first post upon her return, I read only two lines and
immediately put her in my filter. I've not read anything that she has had to
say since until now.... here in your reply, and via an email sent by a
disgusted 'old timer' member of the newsgroup who seldom posts anymore.

This is not "baiting," per se. This is the ranting of an alcoholic who refuses
to confront her problem and seek the help she needs. The fact that she
acknowledged that she is an alcoholic (publicly,on this news group, the last
time she was here) is at least a start.

Her end comments are a personal attack against me, and has nothing to do with
politics, hers or mine. There are clinical reasons for this.

I don't consider being a size medium obese, I'm very far removed from being
slovenly, and anyone who knows my background is aware of the fact that I am a
poster girl for Capitalism (which is not necessarily perfect, but that is what
I was born into, and that has always been my lifestyle).

I admire Michael Moore for his guts and intelligence, but I did not apreciate
his outburst at the Academy Awards, for example, and feel that he sometimes
goes too far.

I'm not about to take the remarks made by someone who is 'in their cups' all
that seriously, but I did want to clarify the situation.... as it appears that
you must not have been around when Cheri imploded the last time she was
here.... which is recorded in Google for anyone to peruse.

Now, on to what you have stated in a much more coherent fashion <g>.....
Post by otter
In fact, I don't know when I've felt more insecure. I WILL continue to live
my life as I normally would and try to bury the fears that pop up from time
to time. I'm not advocating that we bury our heads in the sand but must we
be spoon-fed fear by our govenment officials?
Yes, you must be spoon-fed fear by your government officials, as it may help
them win an election!! I see it being waved at the public from all sides but
much more, of course, by the present administration as the election is theirs
to lose.

I completely agree with you that it would be most unwise to bury our heads in
the sand, but there is also another thing to remember... to quote from FDR's
first inaugural address:

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to
fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes
needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

I grew up during WWII with
Post by otter
ration stamps and "black-outs" and the government "rallied" citizens to
their cause with heavy doses of fear. I didn't like it then and I don't
like it now.
I ramble. Sorry. Gloria
I was born in 1953, so I don't have first hand memories... but I've seen many
documentaries and read a variety of books that really, really enforce what you
say. At one point, FDR's wise words seemed to hold this in check just a
little.

I'm still reeling from what happened in Russia over the past 48 hours; I
was/am so angry I almost became ill. Blood pressure, probably. Al Q has
little to do with religion; it is a formidable enemy that has no morals or
scruples... and is after domination. I think we all see that.

My life has personally been altered by terrorists; after the murder of a
family friend by the FLQ in Quebec, my mother was never the same. Then there
were the kidnapping threats made against me by the same cell. My uncle was the
judge who heard most of the FLQ cases, and he was threatened as well, of
course. I lost three good friends in 9/11.... two worked for Stanley Morgan
(Tower II), the other was a travel agent (Tower I). A dear family friend was
murdered by the IRA. And there was something else, which I will tell you in a
private email.

Terrorists must be destroyed, and I have little to no compunction on how that
is done. We just have to make certain that we don't destroy ourselves, and all
we hold dear, in the process.

My best to you,

EmmaLdy
2004-09-04 00:30:13 UTC
Post by Claudia
When Cheri made her first post upon her return, I read only two lines and
immediately put her in my filter. I've not read anything that she has had to
say since until now.... here in your reply, and via an email sent by a
disgusted 'old timer' member of the newsgroup who seldom posts anymore.
LOL that your disgusted friends send you posts you don't want to see. How
thoughtful.
It is my wish that you eventually block everyone so that we don't have to
listen to all the judgements. Quite as much anyway.

It's obvious that one cannot say they hate the terrorists and then bash our
President for stopping them.
Non comprende.

High fives to my fellow Americans, David, Cheri, and all the others who read
here.
emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
Can Altinbay
2004-09-08 03:46:36 UTC
Post by EmmaLdy
Post by Claudia
When Cheri made her first post upon her return, I read only two lines and
immediately put her in my filter. I've not read anything that she has had to
say since until now.... here in your reply, and via an email sent by a
disgusted 'old timer' member of the newsgroup who seldom posts anymore.
LOL that your disgusted friends send you posts you don't want to see. How
thoughtful.
It is my wish that you eventually block everyone so that we don't have to
listen to all the judgements. Quite as much anyway.
Of course, you are never judgemental yourself, so things would be nice, huh?
Yeah, that is what the JD group should become - a forum for David, Emma,
Cheri and all the other fascists. Absolutely. that is what John would have
loved to have seen - people saying they like him spouting right wing
bullshit and praying for a first term victory by Bush.
Oh, I'm sorry. The Emma e-mail brigade has spoken and has informed us that
Emma is the light of hope and that Can, Claudia and Sue are the scum of the
earth who should get out of the way and let America shine on the world a new
Pax Americana with our benevolent corporations ruling everything.
Post by EmmaLdy
It's obvious that one cannot say they hate the terrorists and then bash our
President for stopping them.
Non comprende.
Our "president" is not stopping terrorists. This has been established over
and over.
Some people who make me ashamed to be an American.
cheri22057e
2004-09-05 12:17:28 UTC
When Cheri made her first post upon her return, I read only two lines and
immediately put her in my filter. I've not read anything that she has had to
say since until now.... here in your reply, and via an email sent by a
disgusted 'old timer' member of the newsgroup who seldom posts anymore.
Well now....I was waiting with baited breath for what I refer to as the
"Superior Routine"...you never let me down Claw-dee-a. A "disgusted
old-timer"?!? hmmm.....now just who could that be?
Better watch your back there Sweetcheeks....those knives hurt like hell when
you have to try and pull them out!
This is not "baiting," per se. This is the ranting of an alcoholic who refuses
to confront her problem and seek the help she needs.
WHAT?!?!?!!!!

Now let me see.....I haven't posted here in eons......no one knows if I'm still
single, or married or where I live or what I do for a livng...NO ONE. Yet you
are privy to my drinking habits? LMAO! Nice try there Claud.....but the only
one making a total ass out of there "Liberal Compassionate" self is *YOU*.
The fact that she
acknowledged that she is an alcoholic (publicly,on this news group, the last
time she was here) is at least a start
Awwwww.....thank ya Sis...your concern for my well being is just.....well it's
just got me all choked up. <sniff sniff>
Her end comments are a personal attack against me, and has nothing to do with
politics, hers or mine. There are clinical reasons for this.
"Clinical Reasons"?!?!???? LOLOLOL!!!! Well thank you "Dok-tor Levesque"!!!
But gee Doc.....what "clinical reasons" could one possibly have to visit a dead
singer's newsgroup and "opine"? My opinions are certainly "all about
politics"....it just pisses you off that I refuse to march lock-step with your
socilistic fantasies about how *MY* country (NOT YOURS) should perform. Tuff
cookies, Sis.....if ya can't take the heat, then get off your political
soapbox, cupcake.
I don't consider being a size medium obese, I'm very far removed from being
slovenly,
I'm sorry (heehee) I was ROFL with this one!
Claw-dee-a....you are really, really not that important in the grand scheme of
things ya know? I was speaking of your "hero" Michael Moore...he is always
referred to as the "obese slovenly Marxist." You really need to read up. Your
self-importance is amazing, (why in God's name whould I give a rats' patoot
what you look like???? GEEZ!) but doesn't serve you too well.
as it appears that
you must not have been around when Cheri imploded the last time she was
here.... which is recorded in Google for anyone to peruse.
Why yes it is!!! Please *DO* read up...altho "imploding" is just Claud's
opinion.....and we all know what thats worth. Actually, I get emails
too....and what I got for said "imploding" was a standing ovation,
thankyaverymuch!

Oh and about that "alcoholic" thang? *YOU* admitted to abusing drugs/alcohol
to the point of it being a major problem for *YOU*...I see now that you have
graduated from "Alcohol Counselor" (lie) to "Dok-tor of Psychiatric Medicine".

Now...."clinical reasons" for your rhetoric? I think it's referred to as
"deflecting"....as in "deflecting" your personaity flaws onto others....but
that's okay, doc...we understand. ;>)

Cheri:)
cheri22057e
2004-09-05 12:45:21 UTC
Date: 9/3/2004 2:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Hey, Cheri! Long time no see. (Of course, I haven't been here to "see"
anyone. :O)
Hey Gloria!!! Yes it has been a long time.....nice to see you!
I certainly can understand your feelings. These are anxious times. It's
difficult to discuss these subjects without unintentionally "baiting" others
to wade into the fray. I know how well-read you are and how heartfelt these
subjects are to you.
Thank you Gloria....yes these times are anxious, but not so much becasue of the
enemy "without".....but because of the "enemy within"!
I too am worried about the outcome of this election.
I'm not....as a life-long Democrat (and as I've said on here before, the
daughter of the first female Democratic Commissioner of Elections in New York)
it was no easy task for me to step back and really, really take a long hard
look at what has become of that Party.
Both my parents were "Truman" Democrats....John F. Kennedy
Democrats...pro-war...and certainly pro-defense of the USA. * THAT* Democratic
Party has morphed into a bunch of confused Socialistic "Blame America"
hypocrites..they are so mixed up that they defend Islam and blame thier
President. That is what causes me great concern...we have always had
enemies...but they were usually "outside" of this country....not within. Bush
will be in for the next four years...and we need his
"tough on terrorism" stance. It's not fun, it's not pretty, but it's
imperative.
to time. I'm not advocating that we bury our heads in the sand but must we
be spoon-fed fear by our govenment officials?
Gloria, I'm sorry but I disagree totally....no "government official" is spoon
feeding me fear. I research EVERYTHING....including
personal emails to Walid Shoebat...an EX-PLO member who has abandoned his
previous terrorist tactics....he has "seen the light" as we say. He is hardly
a governemt official.....he even has to hide under this name which is false to
protect himself and his family. He backs up what I say 110%.....and that is
why I am so vocal on this. America needs to wake up.
I grew up during WWII with
ration stamps and "black-outs" and the government "rallied" citizens to
their cause with heavy doses of fear. I didn't like it then and I don't
like it now.
Well.....I wasn't around during WW2.... although my Uncle and I are very close
and we speak alot about politics and the climate of the USA during that time.
(He is WW2 vet) I have no idea why America would rally its citizens through
"fear"...the threat of Naziism was very real then......and the threat of
Islamic "ethnic cleansing" is very real today...both big reasons for concern.

But don't confuse "fear" with motivation...apathy in America seems to be at an
all time high...and that is one of our biggest problems. Apathy and
anti-American rhetoric will kill us much more quickly then any nuke...it is at
the core of what is *allowing* our enemies in...umbrellad under the guise of
"political correctness".
I ramble. Sorry. Gloria
LOL! you ramble? Nahhhhhh.....my fingers are tired however...;.)

thanx Gloria!

Cheri:)
Can Altinbay
2004-09-08 03:47:55 UTC
"cheri22057e" <***@aol.com> wrote in message news:***@mb-m07.aol.com...
...more ranting...

Geez. How much more fascist can one get?
otter
2004-09-08 04:39:49 UTC
Hi, I've been down for the count with a sinus AND ear infection so I'm very
slow in reading and responding to posts. So, I'll be brief!
Post by cheri22057e
Post by otter
I grew up during WWII with
ration stamps and "black-outs" and the government "rallied" citizens to
their cause with heavy doses of fear. I didn't like it then and I don't
like it now.
Well.....I wasn't around during WW2.... although my Uncle and I are very close
and we speak alot about politics and the climate of the USA during that time.
(He is WW2 vet) I have no idea why America would rally its citizens through
"fear"...the threat of Naziism was very real then......
Although I am no expert in WWII, having been a tad young then (;O) and
having never had a real interest in "history" in school, I DO know that my
Mother said the government went to great lengths for the "war effort" and to
"unify" the citizenry in their support of it. They would alert the citizens
to the "needs" of the army. Like iron. My Mother said people were tearing
down beautiful old ornamental iron fencing and making big piles of it when,
in actuality, there was no shortage of iron.

Also, I'm not familiar with just how much our people knew of the Nazis. My
Mother said that when news of the atrocities happening in Europe reached us
later in the war, people at home were disbelieving because it was too
horrible to comprehend. I remember seeing footage of Eisenhower when they
liberated the concentration camps. I don't think anyone knew the magnitude
of what was really happening.

We need Jim in here to correct me if I'm way off base and shed some more
light on this! :O)

Otter

Can Altinbay
2004-09-08 03:41:42 UTC
Post by cheri22057e
The core belief of Islam is ethnic cleansing....there is no "nice" way to put
it. Black races are considered inferior, and infedels are to be
exterminated.....cause golly gee...Mohammed said so.
Can you at least please stop talking about things you know nothing about?
Excuse me while I go throw up.
Post by cheri22057e
I must add that Walid Shoebat, (not his real name) who is founder of the
growing group "Arabs for Israel"....is quite intent on educating Western
Society on just what exactly Islam is, and what it is not.
Of course, Danny Pipes, Walid S., Dr. Tarik Abdelhamid, Zak Anani, et al, are
inept ignoramuses who don't understand anything..especially the "religion" that
they
were brought up on.
You should talk.
Post by cheri22057e
I mean just ask Claudia...as always, she *knows* everything....including how
well-informed Michael Moore is, and how stupid we Americans are.
Well, you definitely don't show much intelligence, swallowing right wing
propaganda whole.
Post by cheri22057e
For this American, I'd rather get my info from above stated sources, and not
some slovenly obese marxist.
Moore is not a Marxist, and Marxist is spelled with a capital M. You see,
you know squat.
Post by cheri22057e
And how about that Zell Miller??? LOL!
that man said exactly what I've been saying for the past 18 months....the
Democratic Party has been hijacked by the Lunatic Far-left....three cheers for
Zell!
So what's his game? Gwt paid a lot from the Rep boys, or not get what he
wanted from the Dems?
If the "lunatic far left", whatever that is, were in charge, why do we have
NAFTA and such crap coming out of Democratic administrations?
Claudia
2004-09-01 01:12:06 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
, 6 dead in Moscow
from bombs
Today was total carnage.... made me furious and sick.

However, you are using a broad application for the term Muslims that do not
apply to these sects.

As for Moscow.... Al Q can claim responsibility, but it is (I'm quite sure) the
work of the Chechen terrorists. Different cause, different issues...

Bu883
But in the same cockroach family, which must be exterminated.
Christine Moon
2004-09-01 18:18:53 UTC
A few years ago people professing Roman Catholicism were bombing innocent
civilians in Ireland and the UK. Does that mean all Christians (or at least
Roman Catholics) are terrorists? Of course not. Same with Muslims - there
are millions of them in the world, 99.9% (or more) of whom are law-abiding
people.
--
Peace,
Christine
David
Claudia
2004-09-01 20:23:13 UTC
Post by Christine Moon
A few years ago people professing Roman Catholicism were bombing innocent
civilians in Ireland and the UK. Does that mean all Christians (or at least
Roman Catholics) are terrorists? Of course not. Same with Muslims - there
are millions of them in the world, 99.9% (or more) of whom are law-abiding
people.
--
Peace,
Christine
www.fojd.org.uk
I'm glad to see you point that out, Christine. Ignorance is always a
dangerous, dangerous thing..... and to condemn untold millions for the acts of
a tiny percentage is absurd.

Best to you,

Claudia
David Ladewig
Claudia
2004-09-02 06:32:06 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
Until the untold millions start throttling the tiny percentage, we have a
big "NoTrustemAnytimeAnywhere" problem. It's a world wide thang!
I haven't seen untold millions of Catholics throttling IRA terrorists.....
despite the carnage over the years....

It just doesn't work that way.

Christine Moon
2004-09-02 18:38:33 UTC
As I said, those millions are law-abiding and throttling is against the law
most places, I believe.

As for worldwide, in this multi-cultural city we have no problems trusting
our friends, neighbours and co-workers whatever their religion (assuming we
even know their religion - few discuss it).
--
Peace,
Christine
Claudia
2004-09-02 21:12:34 UTC
Post by Christine Moon
As I said, those millions are law-abiding and throttling is against the law
most places, I believe.
As for worldwide, in this multi-cultural city we have no problems trusting
our friends, neighbours and co-workers whatever their religion (assuming we
even know their religion - few discuss it).
--
Peace,
Christine
www.fojd.org.uk
If we could give out awards for posts, I would nominate this one as being one
of the most civilized, rational and intelligent ones that has ever been made.

Claudia
Christine Moon
2004-09-02 21:46:06 UTC
I'm blushing!
--
Peace,
Christine
Claudia
Claudia
2004-09-03 02:38:01 UTC
Post by Christine Moon
I'm blushing!
--
Peace,
Christine

I'm tired of the closed minded intolerance that only leads to further
isolation.... and in this day and age, the words "no man is an island" have
never been more true.

David Ladewig
2004-09-02 23:32:07 UTC
It is easy to be civilized, rational, and intelligent when you are, but when
any group is very easily led and bombs are being set or plotted in the
mosques with the help of the mullahs, I wouldn't take the chance. I'll be
uneasy until the violence stops. Simple as that.

David
Claudia
Claudia
2004-09-03 02:45:19 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
It is easy to be civilized, rational, and intelligent when you are, but when
any group is very easily led and bombs are being set or plotted in the
mosques with the help of the mullahs, I wouldn't take the chance. I'll be
uneasy until the violence stops. Simple as that.
David
The United Kingdom has lived with terrorism for many decades. Bombs going off,
people being maimed and killed for no justifiable reason whatsoever. What is
new to the United States is old hat to them.

As for Canada... the first political kidnapping in North America took place in
Quebec. I remember being ordered to lie down on the gym floor while the
outside of the school was swept for bombs... and I remember only to well the
sound of bombs being detonated. Parked cars and mail boxes were the choice
locations. More senseless loss of life.

Terrorism has been around for a long time. I hate it with a passion that can
not be put into words, but I refuse to allow it to change me into someone I am
not.

Best from Claudia
David Ladewig
2004-09-03 03:45:44 UTC
Too many countries have lived with it and accepted it way too long. I don't
want to ever accept it as a way of life. I want all terrorists and their
lackeys very DEAD and forgotten. I have no tolerance nor will I cut them
and their ilk one inch of slack. My actions against terrorists would have
no temper and certainly NO compassion.

David
EmmaLdy
2004-09-03 05:16:15 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
Too many countries have lived with it and accepted it way too long. I don't
want to ever accept it as a way of life. I want all terrorists and their
lackeys very DEAD and forgotten. I have no tolerance nor will I cut them
and their ilk one inch of slack. My actions against terrorists would have
no temper and certainly NO compassion.
David
THAT is the key cause of the entire issue David. Good job.
Terrorism has been analyzed and even allowed for too long, and runs rampant in
some countries because of that mindset.
Americans will sacrifice their lives to prevent it, no matter what Pres Bush
haters say.
I stand with you.

emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
Can Altinbay
Must you?
Bu883
2004-09-03 11:51:18 UTC
Post by Can Altinbay
Must you?
LOL @ Can!
cheri22057e
2004-09-03 16:55:44 UTC
David Said....
Post by David Ladewig
no temper and certainly NO compassion.
THAT is the key cause of the entire issue David. Good job.
Terrorism has been analyzed and even allowed for too long, and runs rampant in
some countries because of that mindset.
Americans will sacrifice their lives to prevent it, no matter what Pres Bush
haters say.
I stand with you.
emma
Re-landscape the Newsgroup....
I third that....!!

Amen!!!

Cheri:)
Claudia
2004-09-03 05:34:49 UTC
Post by David Ladewig
Too many countries have lived with it and accepted it way too long. I don't
want to ever accept it as a way of life. I want all terrorists and their
lackeys very DEAD and forgotten. I have no tolerance nor will I cut them
and their ilk one inch of slack. My actions against terrorists would have
no temper and certainly NO compassion.
David
The terrorists and those who back and finance them? I couldn't agree more. As
I said, I hate them with a passion that I can't even put into words.

Christine Moon
2004-09-03 19:37:51 UTC
And who financed the IRA? It didn't all come from Ireland and the UK...
--
Peace,
Christine
Claudia
2004-09-03 23:24:54 UTC
Post by Christine Moon
And who financed the IRA? It didn't all come from Ireland and the UK...
--
Peace,
Christine
Yes.... there is always that. I've encountered many hard feelings from the
British who live in my very, very British area.

Christine Moon
2004-09-03 19:34:19 UTC
Good on you, Claudia! To let them change your behaviour is to let them win.
--
Peace,
Christine